The KinderU (KU) and its schools collect and hold personal information of individuals for various purposes. KU and its schools are committed to meeting internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection, in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, it will be ensured that KU staff and any parties who are assigned by KU to handle the information will comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality. Unless permitted or required by law, KU and its schools will not disclose any personal data to any third parties without prior written consent.
There are eight general categories of personal data held by KU and its schools:
1. Student information, which includes information supplied by students / parents and is collected in connection with student applications, student records, former students, contacts and communications activities undertaking by or on behalf of KU and its schools. Student records are kept for purposes that include corresponding with, responding to and taking follow-up actions in respect of students, contacts and communications activities.
2. Personnel information, which includes personal particulars, job descriptions, details of compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, references and disciplinary matters relating to job applicants, employees and former employees of KU and its schools. Personnel records of employees are kept for human resource management purposes, relating to such matters as employees’ terms of employment, performance appraisal, providing references, professional development, discipline and termination.
3. Other records, which include administration and other files, containing personal data provided to KU and its schools by individuals for purposes other than those connected with students, contacts, communications or employment. Other records are kept to enable KU and its schools to carry out various functions and activities which vary according to the nature of the purpose for which such records are to be used, including the administration of KU’s and its schools’ functions and activities, seeking advice on operational matters, undertaking communications and training activities organised by, or on behalf of, KU and its schools, including the acquisition of services and handling of enquiries from members of the public.
4. Visual Materials. KU will take photos and videos of students within the classroom and at school related events. KU will use the visual material(s) – including any images, video, text, photographs, graphics or audio to enable KU, the school community and members of the public to have a better understanding of how students are learning, and for the purpose of promoting KU activities. This may include placing visual material(s) in KU publications, on our website and in our promotional materials. In addition, KU may also place visual material(s) on third party websites such as Flickr and Vimeo which allow for other third parties to display or embed visual material(s) from these websites on any other website. KU will only use these websites as a secure repository and will not display these files to the general public.
5. Personal Data Handling. Some of our web pages (such as online contact form, online admissions application, etc.) require submission of personal information. Under those circumstances, the information submitted should be reviewed carefully to ensure accuracy. While every attempt will be made to protect privacy, KU cannot guarantee the absolute security of any personal information submitted.
7. Web Logs. When you come to the Website, our server software may record the domain name of your computer. We may also track the pages you visit. We do these recordings and tracings so that we can measure the traffic, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Website, gain some general knowledge about our visitors, and market the Website to advertisers with whom we may share summarised traffic data. This information will not identify you as an individual.
If you have any questions about our policy and practices, please contact us by writing to [email protected]
SHUM WAN CENTER
G/F, Broadview Court, No.11 Shum Wan Road, Hong Kong